Ryan R. Van Osdol
Ryan Van Osdol joined DiMonte & Lizak, LLC in 2008. He is a graduate of The John Marshall Law School. While in law school, Ryan was a finalist in the Herzog Moot Court Competition and a member of the John Marshall Law Review. Since joining the firm, Ryan has focused his practice on complex collection matters, business litigation and other areas of commercial litigation, including civil rights claims, mechanic’s lien claims and resolution of all varieties of business disputes. Ryan has substantial experience in Illinois state court, as well as federal courts in both Illinois and Wisconsin, and private mediation/arbitration. He has achieved excellent results for clients at both the trial court and appellate court levels, including the successful defense of fraud claims and attempts to pierce the corporate veil. In addition to litigation, Ryan also provides services for his corporate clients by drafting employment agreements, business contracts, operating agreements/shareholder agreements and other corporate governance documents. Ryan is a member of the Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar and has been recognized for the past five years in a row (2012-2016) as a Rising Star by the Illinois Super Lawyers organization.
- Turned Down For What? Settlement Offer Rejected By Plaintiff Leads to Poor Trial Result
- Business Owners Beware: Advertising Via Prerecorded Phone Messages, Mass Unsolicited Faxes or Mass Text Messages May Cost More Than Its Worth
- Losing a Battle, but Winning the War: How Evidence Triumphs Over Grandstanding
- Using the Doctrine of Successor Liability to Stop Runaway Debtors
- Grace to Mortgagors and Grief to Mortgagees: The Illinois Homeowner Protection Act